The EHAI and a number of our trainers will continue running our food safety and HACCP courses via video link or zoom.
For trainers who wish to continue training at this time, the EHAI would like to offer this option to trainers given these challenging and extremely uncertain times. Training can be facilitated via video link or zoom during the COVID-19 crisis.
This option is only available for use by EHAI licensed trainers for the duration of the COVID -19 social distancing guidelines currently being advised by the Government of Ireland.
Both the trainer and learner will require a good internet connection and access to a computer/tablet with a webcam or a video enabled phone.
Step by Step Process
- Trainers would still register the course as usual with the course registration emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Course Administrator will set up the course on the system and send the exam papers and workbooks out to the trainer.
- The trainer must then send the workbook via post and exam paper via email or post to the learner (the cost for this must be picked up by the trainer. The cost of posting a workbook and 1 paper is €2.45.
- All modules must be delivered via video link or zoom and a minimum of 8 hours recorded for all learners.
- Workbooks can be done as a group exercise via video link or zoom or as an individual learners exercise.
- Learners have always held onto the workbook for their trainer file so the cost to return the paper to the trainer via email or post.
- The trainer would then return all exam papers in the usual manner to the EHAI.
Course Administration, Delivery & Examination Procedure
Oral exam via video link or zoom
- This would entail the trainer doing an oral exam with each learner and asking the learner each question on the exam paper and writing their answers on the exam paper as they go.
- The exam is then marked by the trainer as usual and sent into the office with a result sheet to be processed
- This would entail the trainer sending via email or posting the exam paper to the learner and for the student to complete the exam and then send via post or email the paper back to the trainer for marking as usual.
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us at 353 1 2761211.